After being married for twenty years and having re-entered the dating area, ” Dating Again” takes on a new meaning. Dating should be an exciting time to get to know someone new. Someone that may one day have a significant place in your life. It should not be a time full of stress, anxiety and an empty bank account. The whole culture of dating has changed, the expectations of dating has changed and the rules of dating has changed. In order to get to know someone, dating however, is still a must. Taking the time out to not only get to know someone but to observe their behavior in a variety of setting IS a must. You want to see just howwell this person will fit into your life and your environment. There is no other better way to do that than to actually date that person. I know that’s shocking to some, but believe me, it really does work!
So many singles go about dating doing the same ole things the’ve always done and expect new and exciting different results. If you are looking for ways to step up your game, you have come to the right place at the right time! Whether you are new to dating, re-entered the dating world or in a relationship and are looking for exciting ways to spice up your dating life, you’ve come to the right place.
Before, I share some wonderful ideas on creative dating, I wanted to talk a little about the issue of who pays for the date. I have often discussed this issue with males and females and have gotten a variety of responses. Some believe that the man should always pay and some believe that women should take turns and pay for the date. There are also those that believe that it is okay to go “dutch” and each person pays for their own portion of the date. After being divorced for two years and being on a lot of dates. When I say I’ve had lots of dates, that would literally be an understatement.
I have come up with my own conclusion and it works for me. I personally feel that men should always take on that responsibility initially..I know, I know, I am probably going to get alot of hate mail for that one. Stay with me, for a minute, I promise it’s not as bad as it sounds. I think that most men want to take charge and be men in a relationship and part of that is allowing him to be the provider that men are inately meant to be. One of the number one complaint that I hear from men, is that women do not allow the men to be men. This is complaint that is usually leveled against strong, independent woman who are use to earning their own income. I also feel that there is a certain element to some men that feel a little uneasy about a woman initially paying for date before he even has decided if he likes her. Some men may take this generousity from the woman to signal her need to “buy” him. One way to combat nagivate these tricky issues is to allow the man to INITIALLY take on the responsibility to pay for the dates; However, women need to assist in choosing dates that will not create a hardship for him to do so. The objective is to get to know each other NOT to pick expensive date.
There are many meaningful and great ways to get to know each other without spending a lot of money doing it. If the two of you go on to become the next “HOT COUPLE”, you will have plenty a time to explore more expensive dates and share the financial burden. In fact, I would go on to say that for the first 2 months choose dates that are inexpensive to almost free to get to know each other. If you have dated for about 2-3 months and you two are exclusive and are ACTUALLY in a relationship, then at that time, it is okay for the woman to do here part and suggest and paying for alternating dates. If the guy doesn’t have a problem continuing to pay, then that is something that the two of you can work out. Most of the time it takes two incomes to take full advantage of the full range of activities that are available but that is something that you two can work out. The main thing is to talk about these thing upfront and gain an understanding on what is comfortable for the two of you to best get to know each other.
Dating should be a fun time to get to know someone and not a time to create more stress in you life. Dating someone is a huge investment of time and not to mention money. When you first meet you aren’t sure if you can even stand to be around his person for more than a nano second. Why would either of you risk breaking the bank deciding whether you even like this person? There are wonderfully creative ways to date someone without the added stress and huge financial burden. Below are 10 creative date ideas that are a wonderful way to get to know each other without breaking the bank. The is a short list of only ten great ideas. If you visit my dating resource link at my homepage, I acutally have an ebook available that has over 300 MORE great ideas. Yes, that’s right 300, and there are no repeats, so you have A LOT of exciting date ideas and never run out of things to do with your “SUGAR”. So after reading this article, jump on over to my dating resource link to check out the ebook, ” 300 Date Ideas To Leave Your Date Wanting More” you’ll be glad you did! Some of these ideas come from the ebook, some of these ideas are my creative expressions.
1. “Toy Store Date” – Who doesn’t have a kid locked away deep inside them? At the very least, wouldn’t it be nice again to briefly escape to a time when life was so much fun and so much more simplier? How about taking your date to a toy store or visit the toy section of a department store and pick out a favorite childhood game, train set or puzzle to put together. What fun that would be? You could start out you toy excursion with a date to a local hot dog stand or even a quick burger or ice cream shop. After you pick your favorite toy activity, you guess it, it’s off to home to have fun with your new or old discovery to share with your date.
2. “Happy Hour and More” Everyone knows that doing out on dinner dates can get quite costly. The remedy for that is to find a local establish that has happy hour special. Whether it’s chicken wings, appetizers, the usually is alot to choose from. Pick a place that has happy hour specials but don’t order the alcohol there, this is how they make their profits. Decide to order the special there but prepare you dates favorite drink back at home to save a huge amount. Not only will save alot of money, but you will get the chance to impress your date with your bartending skills, now how COOL it that?
3.” On a Mission Date” – For this, you and your date will both have $5.00 to spend. You will go to a place such as Walmart or a Dollar store and take that $5.00 and secretly buy gifts for each other without the other seeing what you purchased. You will both go back home and get to give each other your surprise gift. This one is really a cute idea in usually your imagination AND your sense of humor!
4. “Vounteers of Love”- Make a date by giving back to those in need. Pick a place in your local community that you are passionate about helping. Whether it is a soup kitchen or homeless shelter , no only will you get a chance to know your date, you will be making a difference in the lives of others. Alot of time, when you volunteer to serve meals at a soup kitchen or on a food service line, you can also have lunch there as well as a volunteer. Free date and a free meal, and helping those less fortunate, sounds like a win all around! You can also make a meal together and take it to someone who is sick or shut in. Do housework or yardwork for an elderly person or someone in need. There are always opportunities to volunteer, do it together magical times!
5 .” Shh! We’re Dating “- Go to the library and find a newspaper on microfiche from the day each of you were born and read the headlines to each other. Go to the travel section and plan a future vacation together. Also some libraries host free events that include music.
6. The Martha Stewart Date- Cook and elaborate meal for your partner, or even better cook it together! After dinner, bake cookies while the cookies are cooling, start decorating cards, present them to each other while eating your creations! If you are culinary challenged the pillsbury store brought cookie dough works just fine….
7. ” Picnic at the Park” – This is one of my very favorite. Grab a blanket, portable music box, grab your “sugar” and go for a picnic. It is a wonderful way to just sit and talk and enjoy the site, sounds and atmosphere of the great outdoors. This one does not need be expensive or labor intensive. Grab a pizza from your favorite local pizza place, fresh strawberries and share a bottle of wine, and the rest… well you can take it from there! Who says picnics have to happen during conventional hours. Try going at unconventional times for a picnic such as after dark or a breakfast date. Now that’s even better! No beautiful park to enjoy, how about pitching a tent in your back yard with all the trimmings. Soft lighting is definitely, required.. Now that’s romantic and your partner will defintely reward you for your effort!
8.” Fondue Date Night “- After taking a romantic walk in a scenic local park how about a romantic fondue date. Take vegetables, cubes of breads on skewers and melted cheese. Cooked meat in interesting sauces, dipping pound cake and fruits in melted chocolate. The possibilities are endless. Take turns feeding each other,while listening to your favorite tunes and talking to each other. Kmart recently had one fondue pot set for 14.99 on clearance, can you day cheap sexy date night?
9. ” Couple Board Game Night” – This one is another one of my very favorite. You can host a game night for you two potential “love birds”. There are several couples board games that are sure to please. One such game that I have personally played and enjoyed is, ” To Get To Know You Better” by Games Partnesdhip Ltd. It is a great game to get to know each other. For those is established relationships they have other fun games like ” Love & Laughter”, ” Intimacy and Romance” and for more grown up games, ” Fantasy and & Discovery”… I leave the last one to your imagination! These games can be purchased online and you can also go to ebay and buy them used a lot of times, more saving for you….
10 . ” Name that Tune ” – Taking turns trying to guess the name or artist on a cd when your date plays just the first few seconds. This can also be done with Spotify from you phone and some small portable cheap speakers or speakers that you probably already have at home. Work out a point system and the loser has to do something for the winner, back rub.. Etc. You are only limited by your imagination!