May I let you in on a little secret that I’ve rarely shared with anyone other than my family and closest friends? Fall is simply my FAVORITE season of the year. I love Fall almost as much as I love Red Velvet cake and anyone who knows me, as well as I know myself, knows that I am insanely, embarrassingly, in nuts and crazy in LOVE with Red Velvet Cake. It’s a southern girl thing!
From the cool brisk winds, to the bright, brilliant and vibrant colors of the leaves, the fall season is simply the BOMB!
The boldness of the leaves to have the audacity to showcase their natural beauty. How dare those leaves be unashamed of the beauty they posses as they boldly bless us. They bless us with an amazing natural masterpiece, our eyes eagerly and anxiously await each year. The beauty that only an AMAZING God could design to amaze,humble and entertain us.
The changing leaves of fall have their own unique form of natural beauty. We, too, have our very own unique natural beauty. We just have to learn to have the confidence to celebrate it and display it, just as the fall leaves were meant to do.
There’s so many things to love about it and so many ways to enjoy it. Twenty ways just isn’t a big enough number but I simply couldn’t put them all in this blog post. So I decided to stop at a nice even number of twenty.
The one thing I hear the most from many other women, especially other women who are single is, “ I don’t have any one to go with ” OR “ my friends don’t like to do the things I like to do.” For many that may be something that might keep them from doing a lot of things not just in the fall but all during the year.
I am fortunate that I get the opportunity to travel extensively and have friends, associates and colleagues all over the country that I can usually rally up to engage in the activities that I enjoy. I have a very outgoing personality and I make friends very easily and just seem to find the right people at the right times for the right circumstances. I have always gravitated towards people who liked the things that I liked and had a similar energy and vibe as I do.
But if you happen to be that someone who finds it difficult to find your tribe OR the tribe that you have just doesn’t seem to be into the things that you like to do, there are things you can do about it other than stay at home and watch everyone else enjoy life. There are a TON of meet up groups in just about every city imaginable that center around activities, hobbies and a varities of interests. Finding one isn’t the problem, stepping outside of your comfort zone to force yourself to go may be. No Meetups in your area that focus on things you like to do, no problem, Start your own!
Also, your church may have a singles ministry where single meet and greet and do activities together, if not, it’s time to dust off those leadership skills or learn some new ones and start your own singles ministry. It’s not quite as scary as it sounds, lead with your passion and your heart, the rest will follow.
Every thing you want is on the other side of your comfort zone, so stretch your comfort and your possiblitiies to start yourself on a new and exciting path to seeing new exciting faces and new exciting places.
There is no better time to explore your new adventure than in the beautiful landscape of the fall. Below are 20 ways for you to enjoy your adventure and your Fall this year!
(This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing the items linked I make a small commission. 10% of all profits on any of our sales is donated to St. Judes Research Children’s Hospital. Thank you for your support! )
1. Make Your Very Own Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte. It’s easy and a lot cheaper in the long run to make your very own homemade lattes for Fall and all year round with you own Latte machine. A one I would recommend would be very latte machine. I would recommend using your favorite pumpkin spiced latte recipe with Mr. Coffee BVMC-EL1 Cafe Latte. Not only can you easily have delicious pumpkin spiced latte this Fall but all year long!
2. Throw An Adult Halloween Party. for all of your single friends, and if you are a really a nice person, invite some of your coupled up or married friends so they are not left out of all of the fun. For some really cool costumes at great prices, delivered right to your door visit, Amazon’s Halloween Costume Store .
3. Take A Hike…Literally! Hiking is a wonderful way to experience and appreciate God’s amazing natural beauty. There’s no better time to enjoy it. The weather in the fall is PERFECT. It’s not to hot, it’s not to cold, it’s just right. Virginia has some of the most beautiful mountains, as does the black hills of South Dakota. There are many places in the United States and abroad for you to venture out into nature to adore the view. Grab a friend or two, or join a local hiking meetup group to do just that!
If you can no longer take those long hikes for physical or health reasons then simply take a nature walk to a place that you have never explored or haven’t gone to in quite some time. The main thing is just to get outdoors.. PERIOD. Find a place that has a collection of trees and leaves that display the array of colors that fall is known for.
Take your time, enjoy the view, take it all in. Most importantly, take beautiful pictures to record your outing. Make a collage of photos are put them into a digital photo frame. You don’t have to be a professional photographer take great photos. You just have to like what YOU see. That’s it!
I would recommend a great camera and digital frames. I would suggest if you don’t have a great camera already or digital picture frames to start your new photography adventure with the Aberg Best 21 Mega Pixels 2.7 “LCK Rechargeable HD Digital Camera-Digital Video Camera. These top selling cameras are a great investment in your new picture taking skills. Need a great digital picture frame to marvel over your photographic achievements as well as the breathing taking views all year long? Amazon has great digital frames. I would recommend the Micca 8-Inch 800 x 600 High Resolution Digital Photo Frame to showcase your fall achievements and your stunning work!
4. Learn A New Craft To Stay Busy And Stay Warm. Learn how to knit or crochet. Make yourself or someone else a hat, scarf and many other items to keep warm during the chilly upcoming months. Not to mention great thoughtful gift ideas. Don’t know how to knit or crochet but always wanted to learn or think it’s a great idea? These two books are a great place to start to get your fall projects off to a fun start! Crochet for Beginners: Quick and Easy Way to Master Spectacular Crochet Stitches in 3 Days and Knitting Socks For Beginners: Quick and Easy Way to Master Sock Knitting in 3 Days
5. Make Homemade Soup. Fall is the beginning of those cool days and brisk nights. It’s also the time for soups that warm the soul. Yes, that’s right, it’s time to break out the crock pot or simply make homemade soups the old fashioned way. Two great recipe books that I would recommend would be Slow Cooker Soup Cookbook: Easy Crock Pot Soup Meal Recipes and Soup & Comfort: A Cookbook of Homemade Recipes to Warm the Soul
6.Learn To Carve A Pumpkin. Learn how to REALLY artistically carve a pumpkin or step up your pumpkin carving game. Nothing symbolizes fall like big bright and vibrant colors and pumpkins are all that! Take you pumpkin carving skills to the next level and impress your friends, neighbors and even yourself. Two great resources are Realistic Pumpkin Carving: 24 Spooky, Scary, and Spine-Chilling Designs and Ray Villafane Pumpkin Carving Tools
7.Go On A Fall Winery Tour. Some of my favorites are The Bellevue Estate and Winery in Blacksburg Virginia and The Chateau Morrisette Winery outside of Floyd Virginia. There are many great wineries in the United States and abroad. Here are a few books to help to narrow you search in the United States. If you aren’t in the US google search wineries in your area. I bet there are tons where you are! Some other great places with wineries and books I would recommend are The Wine Roads of Texas: An Essential Guide to Texas Wines and Wineries , Wines of California, Special Deluxe Edition and Guide to the Best Wineries of North America (The Best of …)
8. Watch, “It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown”. Yes, I know we used to watch it when we were kids, but who says we have to fully grow up and give up Charlie Brown. There’s just something about watching about an old Charlie Brown movie that makes us feel good. This is a great movie to watch it’s reminds of fall but hopefully bring back happy childhood memories. Hope on over and get your copy of It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (Remastered Deluxe Edition) Get your bowl of popcorn or hot chocolate ready, along with your favorite Blankie and you’re all set! I promise not to tell anyone about the Blankie. It will be our little secret.. WINK… WINK
9. Volunteer At A Soup Kitchen. It doesn’t take a lot to make a big difference. Don’t have a lot of time? Just decided to take one day this fall to give of your time. It will make a BIG difference. You can also donate cans of soup to a local food bank or church in your area. No matter how small it may seem to you, it will make a HUGE to someone in need.
10.Start A Thankful List. Name all the things you are thankful for this past year. When Thanksgiving rolls around make sure to share it with your family and friends as you say your Thanksgiving Day blessings.
11.Rake Someone Else’s Leaves. Rake the leaves of an elderly neighbor or someone who has been ill lately or is no longer able to perform this task. It’s will make them feel amazing and so will you!
12. Nail IT, In Fall Style . Get in the fall spirit with the latest fall nail trends and show your unique nail style. An easy and very nice option for fall nails I would recommend would be the 40 Fall and Autumn Maple Leaf Nail Art Decal Set with clear polish. Don’t like the Nail Decals? The OPI Fall Nail Collection is perfect for that splash of bold, vibrant colors of Autumn.
13. Break Out The Bonfire. If you leave by the beach check your local city parks and recreations departments or city government office to see what you need to do get a permit to have bonfire. Invite a few of your friends or people you meet in your meetup group to go for a bonfire to have smores , hotdogs etc. The sky is the limit. If you don’t live near the beach, buy a fire pit and invite some of friends over to your place. Don’t have a fire pit you can be proud of? Might I suggest the Sun Joe SJFP35-STN Cast Stone Fire Pit, 35-Inch You could even get FREE shipping. Now that’s one sizzling hot deal!
14. Crockpot Hot Mulled Apple Cider Sangria. Need a great idea on what to serve your guest at your fire pit party or just want a great fall drink of your very own. How about creating your own very easy and very delicious Hot Mulled Apple Cider Sangria in a Crockpot. NOTHING screams Fall like apple cider. Need the recipe for a QUICK, DELICIOUS AND EASY Hot Apple Cider Sangria in a Crockpot? See Below
Put all ingredients into a crock pot. Simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours. Enjoy!
15. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon Sour Cream Topping. Experiment with a new, exciting and delicious recipe that represent falls and shows off your culinary skills to your friends? How about whipping up a Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon Sour Cream Topping. For this yummy recipe you will need a 9-inch Springform Pan. I would recommend Rachael Ray Oven Lovin” Nonstick Bakeware 9-Inch Springform Pan . Get the recipe for this delicious Fall dessert below.
Make The Crust:
In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, the pecans, and the sugars, stir in the butter, and press the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a buttered 9 inch springform pan. Chill the crust for 1 hour.
Make The Filling:
In a bowl whisk together the pumpkin, the egg, the cinnamon, the nutmeg, the ginger, the salt, and the brown sugar. In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and the granulated sugar, beat in the cream, the cornstarch, the vanilla, the bourbon liqueur, and the pumpkin mixture, and beat the filling until it is smooth.
Pour the filling into the crust, bake the cheese cake in the middle of a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until the center is just set, and let it cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
Make The Topping:
In a bowl whisk together the sour cream, the sugar, and the bourbon liqueur. Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake and bake for 5 minutes more. Let the cheesecake cook in the pan on a rack and chill it, covered, over night. Remove the side of the pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with the pecans. Enjoy
16. Attend Local Fall Festivals. Don’t forget the tried and true excursions to your local fall festivals. They may be oldies BUT they are still are great way to get out the house and experience those beautiful fall weather days for those on a very tight fall budget.
17. Dress to Impress . This fall step out in the latest best fashions that fall has to offer. When we look good we feel good. For those who know me I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE boots. My top boot pick for this fall is The Fix Women’s Kelly Over-The Knee Studded Boot. This boot is definitely a cut above. One of my top picks for Cardigans for Fall is the Show Me Your Mumu Women’s Cozy Cardi. This can be paired with black and neutral colors for a bold and beautiful statement.
18. Jewelry Fit For A Fall Queen. Of course what would a Queen be without her Crown right. A woman’s jewelry IS her adornment so fall into fall looking like a queen with my favorite picks of fall jewelry from our Chloe and Isabelle Boutique. The fall collection is simply to die for!
19. Go For A Bike Ride. Remember how exciting it was to jump on your bike as a kid and look for your latest adventure? Well grab a bike and take a nice ride during those cool falls days. Not only is bike riding a lot of fun, it’s great exercise. No need to kill yourself and break up a tremendous sweat. The idea is just to take the step to experience the open air of fall and breathe in the beauty of the season. Slow and easy does the trick. I would recommend the Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike. You’ll be enjoying the breath taking fall scenes and getting in great shape in no time. With FREE shipping right to your door, there no more perfect time than now to do just that!
20. HAVE FUN!!!!! I saved the best for last. Of all the reasons to enjoy fall having fun is the most important. It only comes once a year so enjoy it while you can Grab a friend, make new friends that have your kind of vibe. Be bold enough to find your tribe to live the vibrant fall life. The key is to stop waiting for someone to come along for you to enjoy life. Life is all about living for the moment you have NOW. One bold, vibrant and colorful minute and a time….
If Fall in your favorite season as well, feel free to share with me your favorite Fall activity. I would love to hear what is your favorite thing to do in the Fall. Please do tell.